After a very interesting week, Kaz and Randy play host to Tim Elliott of Winecast and Tom Wark of Fermentation, as they summarize and nail the coffin shut on the “Rockaway Seven“, a group of wine bloggers who received trade samples of Rodney Strong‘s new allocated brand Rockaway before the mainstream wine media by agreeing to post some kind of blog entry (wine review or other piece about the wine or the bloggers getting early samples) by a given deadline, and got burned by Steve Heimoff and Tom separately for the alleged strings attached to the reception of the wine samples. Despite the firestorm that resulted, with everyone’s participation, the parties work through the rough spots and uncover some interesting questions about ethics, journalism and blogging.
It’s peace, love and understanding on Wine Biz Radio!
- The Rockaway Seven – Introduction by Jeff at Good Grape [link] — You’ll notice there are eight reviews:
- Tim Elliot’s review at Winecast [link]
- Sonadora’s review at Wannabe Wino [link]
- Renee’s review at Feed Me/Drink Me [link]
- Jeff’s review at Good Grape [link]
- Arthur Black’s (guest blogged) review at Good Grape [link]
- Joe’s review at 1WineDude.com [link]
- Dr. Debs’ review at Good Wine Under $20 [link]
- Kori’s review at Wine Peeps [link]
- The Critics